What to expect when a child is offered a place at KPLC
When a referral has been accepted at KPLC
- An admissions meeting will be arranged between pupil, parent/carers and the Head of KPLC to discuss the following admission, find out some more information about the pupil as well as outline the KPLC expectations. This will usually take place within 10 days on being accepted
- A suitable start date will be agreed and the timetable will be explained.
- After discussion with the home school, an Individual Behaviour Plan will be drawn up based on your child’s needs before they start at the centre.
Transition and time at KPLC
- On admissions all children will undertake a baseline assessment to inform staff how best to plan for your child’s personalised learning programme. These will consider pupils’ learning abilities, social and emotional barriers to learning and resilience levels.
- Inclusive learning and teaching approaches will be used alongside differentiating work in order to remove any barriers to achievement.
- There will be good collaboration with parents/careers and agencies regarding pupils’ progress and well-being, with review meetings taking place every 6 weeks.
- Regular contact with parents regarding your child’s progress.
How Parents/Carers can celp
- To work with us and your child to support and encourage him/her in learning appropriate ways of behaving and socialising so that he/she can enjoy learning, achieve and make a positive contribution to the community.
- Help with ‘Home Learning’ to support learning opportunities and embedding knowledge through practice at home.
- To contact us if you have any worries or concerns about your child. Parents/carers are welcome to contact the class teacher to discuss any issues and communication can be shared through the school contact book.